Sunday, November 29, 2009

She's here!!!!!!!

Saturday was the big BYU vs. Utah football game that we have season tickets for. Steve and I thought that Gracie would be here by then, so when I still hadn't had her....we decided that I may as well go and enjoy the big game! When we got there, I started having pretty strong contractions, but nothing too regular. By the second quarter they were getting stronger. During the second half of the game they had pretty much stopped....(the second half was not as exciting as the first half for BYU until the end.) When we were headed home, my contractions were back with gusto! But still only 7-9 min apart. We decided to go home and see if they got closer. By 10pm I was having really strong contractions 2-3 minutes apart......so off to the hospital we went. I was admitted at 11pm and had Gracie Sunday November 29th at 11:14am!

Grace is already daddy's little girl....she waited till after the game to make her appearance!

Telling mom & dad that it is go time!

For being 1 week late, she was pretty small - 7lbs 1oz 19 inches

Our first family photo



Grace Taylor Smith
Steve and I couldn't be happier! We absolutely LOVE our beautiful little girl, and feel so blessed to finally have her here!

17 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I know you are going to enjoy that little girl. I'm sure she will be a daddy's girl. Zoe's favorite toys are her fire trucks. You'll have to get photos of her with Steve in his turnouts. I love the newborn pictures we had taken with Zoe inside Andy's helmet. Enjoy your baby!

Unknown said...

She looks like you already, of course it helps that I know what you looked like when you were born. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

{Anne} said...

Oh that is so exciting! She is beautiful! I am so happy for you to finally be able to be a mom!

Wendy said...

Happy to hear that Grace has arrived! She waited a while to make her appearance in your family and will surely be loved! Our best to you!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you. I have been thinking about you every day for the past few weeks remembering how hard it is to wait. She is an angel just like her mom. I hope I can come and see her soon. Today we are finalizing our adoption-Yea! And this Sat. we are having Aleeya sealed to us. Again I am so excited for you and I hope you enjoy this preciouse gift from God.

The Morgans said...

Congratulations! She is abslotely perfect and beautiful!

Unknown said...

OH MAN. What if you went into labor just before the game - and missed it entirely!? Boy she'd be all grown up and getting married and I bet Steve STILL wouldn't let her hear the end of it!

Glad all seems to be going well. We'll have to plan a visit down shortly!

brent said...

Congrats Crystal! I know you have been waiting a long time! You are going to be an awesome mother! Take care of your little angel!!!

Maren said...

I love love love her already! :)

Katy said...

Wow, she's CUTE! And I'm not just saying that because I'm your friend! She's REALLY cute!! Congrats!
I love that you still went to the game! What a woman!!

whitingclan said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy for you guys! I can't wait to meet little Gracie tomorrow!

Noell said...

She is absolutely beautiful! :) I can't wait to see her! Congrats you guys!

Julie and Matt said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! We are so thrilled for you guys.

Rebecca said...

She is so beautiful. I can't believe you went 8 days over. I can't imagine. I need to come see her. I was in Florida when she was born and hadn't even heard about her until now. Sad. I need to check out blogs more. But I want to come visit and hold her.

Our Journey to Beating Epilepsy said...

yeah!!! I am glad she is finally here! she is so cute.

Petersen Palace said...

sooo she was born 14 minutes after you got to the hospital!?! details girlfriend are there any more details? How did you handle it? I'm certain you were amazing. She is absolutely beautiful I am SO happy for you! :)

Team Clark said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. I hope you're doing alright!