Friday, August 22, 2008

4th of July

For the 4th of July Steve and I had a few BBQ's with family and friends, and then went up on the side of the mountain and watched the fireworks from Stadium of Fire. They were beautiful, but we were far away. It just wasn't the same as being close enough to smell the fireworks. I love that smell! Good show, but it just didn't feel like the 4th. We had made plans to go to the Salt Lake Bees game the next day with our friends Alan and Kara. Little did I know that there would be a fireworks show after the game! So we sat in the grass seats and enjoyed the game.

Kara and I

It was sooooo hot outside!

After the game, they announced that everyone who was seated in the grass area would need to go down onto the field because they were going to be launching the fireworks off behind where we were sitting. So we were able to take our blankets onto the field and watch the show from there! We were so close that when we laid down, the fireworks were right over us! I had to put on my sunglasses because ashes were falling on my face and I didn't want them to get into my eyes! It was so much fun and I think that this may become a tradition for us!

All of us in left field before the show

1 comments:

Maren said...

That is awesome! Fireworks from center field? Cool! You were close enough that ashes bothered you! I'm jealous. Fireworks are nearly my favorite thing ever! Glad you had fun, and I'm so glad you guys are blogging! :-D