Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We're Movin' In!

We passed our inspection for our temporary certificate of occupancy on Monday and now we are packing up and moving out of my sister's. They were kind enough to take us in back in February and let us stay with them until our house was done......thanks a ton! We love you so much! Here are some newer photos of the house....we now have power, a kitchen and carpet! There's still a lot that needs to be finished, but it finally looks like home!


This is how I have spent the last few days at the house!
(barefoot and pregnant! ha ha)


Everyday it looks more and more like home


This is the nursery


The loft with carpet and lighting.....yeah electricity!


Office


I still love the stairs!


Master bedroom....I painted the brown accent wall on Friday.
These next few pictures show how we poured our own concrete counter tops. If I do say so myself, they look amazing and it was a lot of fun making them.....let us know what you think!



Waiting was the worst part.....we were so anxious to see how they turned out.


Steve was so excited to use his new toy....I mean tool!

Now all we have to do is seal them.



Our kitchen....still not quite done, but you can see where we are going.




Steve's siblings are all in town this week. We loved spending time with them this weekend, and can't wait to go camping this weekend! We could use a break!Steve and his brothers

More family hangin' out at the house.



For those of you who don't know, I am married to a very talented man. He took ceramics in high school and in college and has made some awesome pieces of art. This talent must run in the family.....Steve's sister Jaime is also extremely talented when it comes to ceramics. She is in town from North Carolina and brought us our first house warming gift (that she made!).....check it out! It is amazing! Thanks Jamie...we love it!

By the way....Jamie and her husband are also expecting a little one in January, and we are so excited that our little Gracie will have a cousin just a few weeks younger to play with!

6 comments:

Katy said...

The house is looking amazing! I LOVE the countertops! Great work!

Lindasue said...

Very nice! So fun to see you guys today.

betsy said...

Hi Crystal. You met me once I believe. I just got in touch with Steve again and was excited to get your blog address.
Congrats on your baby girl! That is so exciting! And your house is AMAZING!
Feel free to check out my blog. I will be checking yours every now and then to stay updated with you guys if that's ok :)
-Betsy

Liz said...

Well helloooo!! I bet you didn't even know that I secretly spy on you through your blog :) I actually just came across it the other day. I'm SO Excited for you!!! You're the cutest little pregnant lady, and your house looks amazing! whew! Anyway, my friend Jen is throwing me a baby shower at the end of the summer, and I wanted to send you an invitation, but I don't have your address--and this is the fastest way I could think of to get in contact with you. E-mail me back at lizcool@hotmail.com or erockwood@gmail. Whichever. I hope I hear from you! :)
(P.S. I'm having a boy)
Bubby

Petersen Palace said...

Crystal your house is BEAUTIFUL!!! And congrats on a GIRL, YAYAYAYAYAYAYY!!! I'm so happy for you :)

: ) Paula said...

Dear Steve, I am enjoying your pottery. Thankfully yours, Paula